Who doesn’t love chicken parmesan? Its a classic!
I love Chicken Parmesan; I just don’t always have the time to make it. It’s not always a “lunch box friendly” dish either, especially for kids. Until now!
We’ve created a simpler and more kid-friendly way to enjoy this classic dish for lunch. It’s great for adults too!
I made our gluten-free chicken strips by adapting the MOMables Homemade Chicken Nugget Recipe.
We always have chicken strips in our freezer, so prepping this meal for lunch is a breeze.
I also love knowing that my daughter’s nuggets are safe for her allergies, are made with real chicken, and have more protein and less filler than the average store-bought frozen variety.
Lunch Box Chicken Parmesan Bites
- Yield: 2
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 6 frozen chicken strips or 10 MOMables chicken nuggets
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- If you’re using frozen, uncooked chicken strips, bake them at 375F for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- If you’re using frozen, cooked chicken strips, bake them at 375F for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove them from the oven after they’re cooked.
- Spoon pasta sauce evenly over the center of each strip, then top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt.