Sneaky Kids Veggie Meatloaf Swords Lunch
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 handful spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor or mini chopper, chop carrots, zucchini, spinach, onion, and garlic until they are finely chopped. Pour in a large bowl.
- To veggies, add breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, pepper, ground beef or turkey and eggs.
- Using your hands, combine ingredients until they are all well mixed.
- Pack meat loaf ingredients in a 10-inch loaf pan.
- Combine tomato sauce and barbecue sauce and pour over meat mixture.
- Bake 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes. Oven times and temperatures will vary so check after 50 minutes.