Pack a few Mini Quinoa Pizza Bites in your kid’s lunch box for a healthy, gluten-free meal they will love! Full of pizza flavor & easy to prepare.
My kids LOVE bite-sized foods. I mean, who doesn’t? We enjoy everything from bite-size no bake chocolate bites to one of our favorite recipes, spinach and bacon mini quiches. For some reason, it’s so much easier to get my kids to try new foods when they’re in small bites. Everything is better when it’s mini!
Another great thing about bite-sized foods is that they’re super easy to pack in a lunchbox. These Mini Quinoa Pizza Bites are yet another fun-sized food that my kids can’t get enough of! My kids love pizza, so I took all the familiar flavors and used them to introduce another healthy food into my kids’ diet: quinoa! It’s a gluten-free food that’s packed with protein and nutrients. Score!
You can customize these with your family’s favorite pizza toppings – we used olives, spinach and peppers. These are great for meal prepping at the beginning of the week to have lunch ready to go! Of course, don’t forget to pack the pizza sauce for dipping. That’s the best part!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite pizza toppings, chopped (pepperoni, olives, peppers, onions, spinach, ham, etc.)
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pizza sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 24-count mini muffin panwith cooking spray (or make 2 batches in a 12-count pan).
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except pizza sauce. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Scoop mixture into each mini muffin cup; fill to the top of each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Pack pizza sauce in a separate container in a lunch box for dipping.