Do you love breakfast for lunch? Check out this idea, and use up those tortillas you have in your fridge!
Fun and portable lunches like these are a staple of our MOMables lunch ideas!
What I love most about “Breakfast for Lunch” days is that I can usually accomplish it by simply using leftovers or making extra on purpose at breakfast time.
Our freezer is always stocked with pancakes ready to go with a simple reheat!
Our Mini Tortilla Breakfast Cups are simple to make and cook up quickly in the oven. Don’t you love those two words? Simple and Quick. Yes!
Use your preferred flour tortilla; in our case, we use gluten-free ones. It can also be easily adapted for those avoiding dairy. I eat mine topped with dairy-free shreds, and they’re delicious!
You can also choose your preferred meat, such as thinly sliced salami, ham, turkey, etc.
The mini size has kid appeal because they fit right into their hand and pop right into their mouths for a delicious lunch!
Mini Tortilla Breakfast Cups
- Yield: Yields 8 Mini Cups
- Cuisine: Baking
- 2 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 thin slices salami (or preferred meat)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Warm each tortilla in the microwave for about 10 seconds, so it’s pliable.
- Cut the tortillas into four equal pieces.
- Cut salami slices into halves, creating eight equal pieces.
- Put the tortillas into the muffin tin, gently pushing down and shaping until small cups are formed. Then repeat with the salami inside the each tortilla.
- Evenly pour egg into the center of each cup, about three-quarters full.
- Top with the cheese, and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and enjoy!