Want a new fun way to get your kids to eat their omega-3s? Look no further. These mini tuna balls are not only delicious but also nutritious!
My daughter has been loving her MOMables Tuna Salad sandwiches in her lunches, so I wanted to find a new fun way for her to enjoy this omega-3 and vitamin B6 food item!
Whether you have food allergies or not, this is a delicious recipe with only three ingredients! MOMables has tons of ideas that are simple and easy to make, just like this one. It makes packing a school lunch way easier and less complicated. So if that sounds good to you, then you can join us here!
They can be eaten warm from the oven at dinner, cold on a salad, or at room temperature for lunch! They are perfect for school lunches! Another twist? Add them to your favorite macaroni & cheese recipe. My daughter calls them Tuna Flavored Chicken Nuggets!
We use homemade gluten-free bread crumbs so they’re allergy-friendly. They are also free from nuts, peanuts, and eggs.
Tips: They can be rolled any size; we prefer them mini (around 1 inch in diameter) so they are bite size. The minis will yield approximately 24 tuna balls. I also like to bake them in a mini muffin pan, so they each have their own place and won’t roll around on the baking sheet.
- 5-6 ounces tuna, pouch or canned, drained
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1½ tablespoons sun-dried tomato dressing (or favorite Italian dressing)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease or line a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, work the tuna with a fork, breaking apart the chunks.
- Add the bread crumbs and dressing. Mix thoroughly until the tuna is moistened and smooth enough to roll.
- Using your hands, roll the tuna into 1-inch diameter balls, then place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (Check for doneness around 15 minutes because oven temperatures vary.) Flip once in the middle, to keep one side from browning more than the other.
- Serve warm in a thermos with mac and cheese or at room temperature in a lunch container.