Peaches and Cream Bread
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Category: Snack
- 1 1/2 cups (218 g) peaches, diced fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon (196 g) all purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 cup (230 g) plain yogurt
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 3 large eggs
2 teaspoons orange zest (from 1 large orange)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
(120 ml), in liquid form
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×5″ loaf pan, dust with flour, and tap out excess. Alternatively, you can line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix diced peaches with 1 tablespoon of flour. Using your hands, toss them around until they are all evenly coated with flour. This helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan when baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, mix yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest, vanilla, and coconut oil on low speed until all items are thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the wet, making sure there are no clumps but careful that you don’t over mix. Gently fold flour-coated peaches into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before removing from pan.