With our classic homemade hot cocoa recipe and peppermint hot chocolate being two of our most popular winter recipes on our website, many requests for a white chocolate version rolled in. So today, I’m excited to share the Peppermint White Hot Cocoa version you and your family is sure to love.
While the recipe has a couple of drops of natural red food coloring added for the photo, rest assured that the addition of the natural food coloring is completely optional. This recipe is a sweeter pepperminty treat from our classic homemade hot cocoa recipe. It’s the perfect way to enjoy a delightful holiday drink right at home on these cold winter days. Why layer up the clothes, throw on jackets and load up the car for this tasty treat when you can make it right at home?
What I love about this recipe, is that I can make it traditional with whole milk, dairy-free for my youngest, and as a latte for me. By adding a small candy cane as a stirrer, you have a delicious cup with the holiday flavors we all love.
This is the perfect drink to enjoy while building gingerbread houses and decorating cookies. And, it is so good you will want to make extra to take with you in a thermos while riding around looking at all the holiday lights.
What’s your go-to holiday drink?
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
Check out the Classic Homemade Hot Cocoa Recipe
- Yield: 4
- 4 cups milk of your choice
- 8 oz. white chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, (or more/less to taste)
- 1-2 drops natural red coloring
- optional toppings: whipped cream, crushed peppermints, marshmallows
- Over medium-low heat, stir the milk and chopped white chocolate together in a medium saucepan, until the mixture comes to a simmer and the chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and peppermint extract. Serve warm, with optional toppings if desired.
Adapted the process from Gimmesomeoven.