Need an easy school lunch idea to put leftover pasta to use? Your kids are going to love this pizza pasta salad recipe! It’s almost like pizza but eaten with a fork.
With recipes like this one, making healthy school lunches becomes an easy task and much more affordable! By repurposing leftovers, you are able to save both time and money on food you would otherwise throw out! As a busy mom of three kids, I’m all about saving time in the kitchen.
The recipe is super easy; it’s more like a one-bowl wonder recipe. Check out this quick and easy video to see how it’s made.
Of course, you can make this ahead of time and store the pasta salad for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Customize this recipe any way you like to add a little variety to your school lunch routine.
Check out the step-by-step of the recipe here.
School Lunch Idea: Pizza Pasta Salad (video)
- Yield: 1 lunch
- 1 cup cooked pasta (we used whole-wheat)
1 ouncemozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1-2 broccoli florets, chopped
- Nitrate-free pepperoni slices, quartered
- 3-4 black olives, sliced
- 3-4 cherry
- 1-2 tablespoons Italian dressing (or plain olive oil)
- Salt & pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate or pack inside a lunch box.