Isn’t it true that bacon makes everything better? These Spinach and Bacon Mini Quiches are a great high protein, portable, grain-free lunch idea!
The hard part, is getting kids to eat their leafy greens without turning up their noses. These Spinach and Bacon Mini Quiches are sure to get them just as excited about eating their greens as they are about eating bacon.
If you are following a grain-free diet, you know how difficult coming up with new ideas can be. And, it’s not always easy to add veggies in a variety of ways our kids will actually eat. For this reason, having a consistent influx of recipes that are kid approved can be very helpful.
So, now you might be wondering, where do I begin? All it takes is a change in approach. It can be as simple as changing the way we talk about veggies and leafy greens, or even how we use them in a recipe. For these mini quiches, the spinach magically becomes confetti, adding a fun splash of color to each bite. It doesn’t take much, but every little bit counts.
Check out how easy these mini quiches are to make! This is one recipe kids can also help make!
Green Lunchbox shown above is a Yumbox.
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Dash of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C) and grease a 24 mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add in chopped spinach, shredded cheddar, chopped bacon, and pepper. Give it a quick mix to combine all ingredients.
- Distribute egg mixture evenly into muffin pan cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow mini quiches to cool in the pan before carefully removing with a small knife or spatula.