Ever have difficulty getting your kids to eat, or even try, spinach? This recipe will help you achieve just that!
While I personally love spinach, I know it may not be the easiest food to get picky eaters to like. Not only are these Spinach Bites simple to make and easy to put together, they taste delicious.
They are also the perfect addition to your kid’s school lunches. With our massive amount of ideas and recipes putting together a school lunch has never been easier!–come join us!
Spinach Bites can enjoyed as an appetizer, as a lunch or even a part of dinner. They have a similar texture to meatballs and can be eaten the same way!
I love to eat mine straight out of the oven but they are just as good dipped in marinara sauce. Yum! Sometimes providing a dipping sauce is all it takes to get a picky eater to try it.
If you can’t find chopped frozen spinach, frozen spinach leaves will do! Just roughly chop them after thawing and draining!
Have any leftovers? Pack your Spinach bites in a lunchbox with some marinara sauce for dipping. Lunch is covered!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 10 oz packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained*
- 1½ cup breadcrumbs
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a large pan, over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and stir. Turn off heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix breadcrumbs, spinach, eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and butter onion garlic mix.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly browned
If using a 2 tsp scoop this recipe will make approximately 45 Spinach bites.
You can add more breadcrumbs if deemed necessary; just add more breadcrumbs two Tablespoons at a time and mix well.
To use fresh Spinach: if you want to use fresh spinach, you'll need about 6 cups of fresh spinach leaves (packed).
Recipe adapted from The Curvy Carrot.