Ever have difficulty getting your kids to eat, or even try, spinach? This recipe will help you achieve just that!
While I personally love spinach, I know it may not be the easiest food to get picky eaters to like. Not only are these Spinach Bites simple to make and easy to put together, they taste delicious.
They are also the perfect addition to your kid’s school lunches. With our massive amount of ideas and recipes, putting together a school lunch has never been easier!—come join us!
Spinach Bites can be enjoyed as an appetizer, a lunch, or even a part of dinner. They have a similar texture to meatballs and can be eaten the same way!
I love to eat mine straight out of the oven, but they are just as good dipped in marinara sauce. Yum! Sometimes providing a dipping sauce is all it takes to get a picky eater to try it.
If you can’t find chopped frozen spinach, frozen spinach leaves will do! Just roughly chop them after thawing and draining!
Have any leftovers? Pack your Spinach Bites in a lunch box with some marinara sauce for dipping. Lunch is covered!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained*
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, over medium heat.
- Add the onions, and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and stir. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the spinach, breadcrumbs, eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Add in the butter mixture.
- Roll the mixture into balls, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly browned.
If you're using a 2-teaspoon scoop, this recipe will make approximately 45 Spinach Bites.
You can add more breadcrumbs if necessary; just add them 2 tablespoons at a time and mix well.
*To use fresh spinach: If you want to use fresh spinach, you'll need about 6 cups of fresh spinach leaves (packed).