- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (washed, dried, and chopped)
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Lightly spray a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With a mixer, beat the butter for 30 seconds, until light and fluffy.
- Add the applesauce, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture, and mix until combined.
- With a wooden spoon, or spatula, fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Divide the batter among the baking cups, and sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar, if using.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy your muffins, and keep the extras in an airtight container or FREEZE and save for later!