This flavorful Sun Dried Tomato Hummus will be your kids’ new favorite snack! It’s the perfect healthy dip for crackers or fresh vegetables.
If you haven’t already noticed, we’re a family who loves hummus. Anything from buffalo chicken hummus dip to BLT hummus cups to even cooking chicken in hummus. If there’s a way to add hummus to it, we’re going to do it!
One reason I love hummus so much is that it’s a convenient, healthy snack that I feel good giving my kids. It’s full of protein and nutrition from chickpeas, plus it’s vegetarian and gluten-free, so it’s very allergy-friendly. I love prepping hummus cups at the beginning of the week with a few spoonfuls of hummus dip and fresh-cut veggies for a snack that’s quick to grab when we’re running out the door!
I like to keep a couple containers of our favorite hummus on hand at all times for snacking emergencies, but when I have time, I love to make my own! You can make it whatever flavor you want and control the amount of ingredients you use. I think it just tastes better, too. ;)
I love using sun dried tomatoes in my cooking, so of course I had to make a hummus version. This sun dried tomato hummus is full of flavor! It’s the perfect appetizer to serve at dinner or a party, or a great healthy snack to have on hand for you and the kids to enjoy. Serve with crackers or veggies for the ultimate dip!
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- Water, if needed
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all ingredients. Blend until smooth, adding a little bit of water if necessary to thin it out. Blend until hummus is your desired consistency.
Store hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.