Call it a “cupcake” and kids will eat it. Taco night has never looked this good! Right?
If you are looking for a creative way to present tacos to your kids, these taco cupcakes are the perfect size for kids and adults to enjoy!
I’m always looking for simple ways to add more nutrition to our favorite meals. Here the addition of beans and corn add more fiber and protein to our tacos. My daughter doesn’t always like to eat tacos. But Taco Cupcakes? Yes Please! Their shape make them easy and fun to eat! They even work great for a party appetizer.
- 1 package of won ton wrappers (you can find them in the produce section)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 2 TB or more of [taco seasoning|http://www.momables.com/make-your-own-taco-seasoning]
- ⅔ cups of water
- 1½ to 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Desired toppings: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa etc
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cook ground beef in a skillet
- Add taco seasoning, water, beans and corn
- Mix taco meat mixture and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more
- While your meat is cooking, spray your cupcake pan with non stick spray
- Gently push one won ton wrapper into each cupcake cup
- Spoon 1 TB of taco meat mixture into each won ton wrapper
- Sprinkle cheese over each cup
- Make a second layer of won ton wrappers. Gently push the won ton wrapper in the opposite direction and repeat with 1 TB of taco meat mixture and shredded cheese
- Bake Taco Cupcakes 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the edges
- Leave your Taco Cupcakes in the pan to let them cool before you remove them
- Add your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!