Golden Bell Pepper Soup
Thank you to Amie from The Healthy Apple for letting us share this delicious Golden Bell Pepper Soup from her new cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body!
I am so honored to share this delicious recipe today by my friend Amie from The Healthy Apple in celebration of her new cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body.
I’ve been a huge fan of Amie’s blog for awhile now because her story is so inspiring. I’ve struggled with personal food intolerances and my kids’ food allergies, but it doesn’t compare to the chronic disease Amie battled for a decade before transforming her diet and healing her body from the inside out.
This beautiful cookbook is full of 200 plant-based recipes free of gluten, dairy, soy, refined sugar, eggs, corn and processed ingredients. Amazing! For anyone dealing with food allergies or chronic disease, I highly recommend checking out Amie’s cookbook and blog. It’s amazing what the right diet can do for your body!
We are huge soup fans in our house, so I was beyond excited to share this Golden Bell Pepper Soup from Eating Clean. My favorite part about making soup is that I can cook a double batch and freeze the leftovers. That makes for easy dinners on hectic days!
This soup is so cozy and comforting, and the bell pepper/sweet potato combo makes a lovely, creamy base. I topped mine with Amie’s crouton recipe – trust me, you need it!
Be sure to check out Amie’s cookbook Eating Clean for tons of allergy-friendly recipes!
Golden Bell Pepper Soup
This delicious soup recipe is from Amie from The Healthy Apple’s new cookbook, Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body!
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Dinner
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 yellow, red and/or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 recipe Gluten-Free Herbed Croutons, for garnish
- Sliced avocado, for garnish; optional
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish; optional
- Drizzle Seriously Sensational Sriracha Sauce, for garnish; optional
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and broth. Season with salt and black pepper, cover the pot, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the marjoram. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Let the soup cool slightly, and then, in batches, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. If needed, thin the soup with water. Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper if necessary. Return the soup to the pot to keep warm until serving. Serve garnished with the Herbed Croutons and, if desired, the avocado and cilantro on top and Seriously Sensational Sriracha Sauce on the side.