Healthy Pumpkin Chia Pudding
This Pumpkin Chia Pudding is a healthy way to indulge a pumpkin pie craving. The kids will love this dessert-for-breakfast recipe! Gluten-free/vegetarian.
Have you ever tried chia pudding? It’s a great grain-free alternative to oatmeal, and a healthy way to indulge in pudding for dessert. With some mashed pumpkin and a few spices, this Healthy Pumpkin Chia Pudding tastes just like a slice of pie!
When chia seeds are left to sit in liquid, they form a gel consistency that is just like pudding. They’re full of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, so you can feel good giving your kids some ch-ch-ch-chia!
This pumpkin chia pudding is great for breakfast, a healthy sweet snack, or even an after-dinner dessert. For an even smoother consistency, you can blend all the ingredients after soaking to create a silky pudding. I love topping mine with crunchy pecans for texture and a drizzle of molasses for true pumpkin pie flavor. Grab a spoon and dig in!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1¼ cups milk or non-dairy alternative
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses (optional)
- Toppings: nuts, fruit, seeds, molasses
- In a medium bowl, add chia seeds, milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and molasses (if using). Whisk until ingredients are combined.
- Place in the fridge. Let sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, divide into two jars or bowls and top with nuts, fruit, and a drizzle of molasses.