Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
Avocado adds lots of creaminess and nutrition to this vegetarian & gluten-free Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich! It’s great for a healthy school or work lunch.
Are your kids back to school yet? It seems to be everywhere – all the stores have notebooks and pencil colors everywhere, “back to school” clothing scales are happening, and easy recipes are what’s needed. Especially easy lunch recipes, for all of you awesome lunch-packing moms out there!
Here’s another recipe to add to your lunch recipe list – Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches! They’re healthy, filling, and perfect for kids & adults alike. I love avocado and its nutrition, so I try to add it in our diet as much as I can. These sandwiches use avocado to replace the mayo used in traditional egg salad. I’d say that’s a healthier swap!
This avocado egg salad is vegetarian, gluten-free, and grain-free. Serve it on allergy-friendly bread if needed, or even in lettuce wraps! I love to pack it with fruit and nuts for a well-balanced lunch I feel good about sending my kids with. Enjoy!
If you need more healthy lunch recipes, check out our awesome meal plans! Classic, gluten-free, grain-free, and vegetarian available.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt (or any plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 8 slices bread
- Peel and roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs. To cook perfect hard-boiled eggs, learn how here.
- In a medium bowl, add avocado. Mash until completely smooth. Add yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Add eggs; stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add a scoop of egg salad to 4 slices of bread; top each with another slice of bread to form 4 sandwiches.
- Pack in an airtight container for lunch with fruit, nuts, or crackers.