Italian Tortellini in the Crockpot
Need an easy mid-week meal that is both cheesy and satisfying? You know, for nights where you need something ready for you when you walk in the door? If so, you are going to love this Italian Tortellini in the Crockpot!
Of course, the Italian sausage in the recipe is optional. As a matter of fact, this dish is comforting plain! Serve it next to a side salad with homemade Greek yogurt ranch, and you are good to go!
- 1 pound mild ground Italian sausage (optional)
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, with liquid
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 9 ounces refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage, if using, over medium heat until browned. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the cooked meat, tomato sauce, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes inside the crockpot. Give the mixture a quick stir, and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 7.
- In the last half hour (if cooking on high) or the final hour (if cooking on low), check for seasoning, then add in the tortellini and mozzarella. Give everything a quick stir, cover, and continue cooking.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.