Easy Grain-Free Sandwich Bread—Blender Bread
Have you ever wanted to make your own grain-free sandwich bread?
This recipe is so easy to make, you can whip it up right in your blender.
I know how hard it is to come up with lunch ideas your kids will love. As a mom of three kids myself, it seem that someone is always complaining about something. In addition, I have a partial grain-free/Paleo household, a gluten-free son, and a dairy-free son. Coming up with a single recipe that we can all enjoy is always a challenge.
Of course, this is a challenge I am willing to take on. The Grain-Free Meal Plan is filled with the recipes my family loves and with tips on how to make real food happen in a busy household.
If you are following a grain-free lifestyle, giving up the familiar sandwich can be tough, especially when it comes to packing school lunches—and the morning toast, and the bread and butter with dinner—okay, okay. You know what I mean, clearly.
One of the things I LOVE about this recipe is that the batter comes together inside your blender! If you don’t have a high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix or Blendtec), you might want to try your food processor. A regular blender is not going to get through it easily.
Do you miss grilled sandwiches? No more! This grain-free bread will grill!! This.is.huge. It grills in the morning and stays crispy until lunch. I know, because I’ve tested it for weeks!
That morning butter and jelly toast we love so much? You can toast this bread with no problem! See? Crispy and delicious.
What’s more, I give you a nut-free alternative recipe as well just in case your child attends a nut-free school. The recipe is fully Paleo too!
Update: here is a 7×3 bread pan. Please make sure the right size is selected.
Our meal plan, our member exclusive recipes, videos, podcasts, and so much more! are all part of the incredible things we have for our community and meal plan members. If you aren’t in our free e-mail list, you are missing out on exclusive stuff!
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven 350F. Grease a 7x3 inch pan*.
- In a high-speed blender, place the eggs, cashews, coconut oil, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and honey, in that order.
- Blend until you have a smooth, thick batter. Don’t be shy. Blend for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add apple cider vinegar, blend to combine (about 10 seconds) and immediately transfer to a greased pan.
- Bake 45min, with oven rack in middle position. After 25min, open the oven to cover with foil to prevent the top from burning.
- Remove from oven and cool prior to removing from pan. Store wrapped in the fridge for up to 5 days.
• You can substitute sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for cashews for a nut-free alternative.
When you use sunflower seeds, your bread will turn “green” – just a heads up.
• The only other nuts that will work with this recipe are walnuts. The bread is quite dark and very “earthy” tasting. All other substitutions are your own risk.