Pecan Pie Energy Bites
These Pecan Pie Energy Bites taste just like dessert, but are a healthy snack! Enjoy these gluten-free bites as a sweet treat any time of the day.
The holiday season is here! Who’s ready for Thanksgiving this week? We hope your getting your turkeys, stuffing, and pumpkin pies ready for a family feast. We know we are so excited to spend time with family around good food!
One of our holiday staples is pecan pie. Especially down here in Louisiana, where you can get the freshest pecans you’ll ever eat. Nothing beats cutting into a slice of sweet, sticky pecan pie… except maybe pecan pie energy bites that are actually healthy!
These energy bites are made with just a few simple ingredients you may already have on hand – which means you should make them ASAP. ;) They taste just like classic pecan pie, but are Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan/vegetarian. They’re a great sweet snack to enjoy in a lunch box or when the 3 p.m. slump comes along. The whole family will love these pecan pie energy bites! Let us know if you try them – you won’t regret it.
- 1 cup raisins or dates
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place raisins in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let them soak for 10 minutes; drain.
- In a food processor, place raisins and pecans; pulse until they are finely ground and have formed a paste. Add coconut flakes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- Pulse a few times until combined. Remove food processor base and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using your hands, form dough into 16 small balls. Refrigerate in an airtight container to store and enjoy.