Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
This flavorful Sun Dried Tomato Hummus will be your kids’ new favorite snack! It’s the perfect healthy dip for crackers or fresh vegetables.
If you haven’t already noticed, we’re a family who loves hummus. Anything from buffalo chicken hummus dip to BLT hummus cups to even cooking chicken in hummus. If there’s a way to add hummus to it, we’re going to do it!
One reason I love hummus so much is that it’s a convenient, healthy snack that I feel good giving my kids. It’s full of protein and nutrition from chickpeas, plus it’s vegetarian and gluten-free, so it’s very allergy-friendly. I love prepping hummus cups at the beginning of the week with a few spoonfuls of hummus dip and fresh-cut veggies for a snack that’s quick to grab when we’re running out the door!
I like to keep a couple containers of our favorite hummus on hand at all times for snacking emergencies, but when I have time, I love to make my own! You can make it whatever flavor you want and control the amount of ingredients you use. I think it just tastes better, too. ;)
I love using sun dried tomatoes in my cooking, so of course I had to make a hummus version. This sun dried tomato hummus is full of flavor! It’s the perfect appetizer to serve at dinner or a party, or a great healthy snack to have on hand for you and the kids to enjoy. Serve with crackers or veggies for the ultimate dip!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- Water, if needed
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all ingredients. Blend until smooth, adding a little bit of water if necessary to thin it out. Blend until hummus is your desired consistency.