Chocolate Brownie Energy Bites
Need a healthy afternoon pick-me-up? These Chocolate Brownie Energy Bites are perfect for your kids’ after-school snack time or as a sweet treat for lunch.
It’s like clockwork: around 3 or 4 o’clock every day, my kids start rummaging through the pantry and fridge looking for a snack. And even if I’ve eaten a filling lunch, I usually start to crave a sweet snack in the afternoon, too. I don’t like to eat something heavy to ruin my dinner, though. Enter these Brownie Energy Bites from The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet!
Take a look at how easy these are to make.
These are super simple to make, requiring just a handful of nutritious ingredients. They’re refined sugar-free and grain-free – if you’re allergic to nuts, you can try replacing the cashews with sunflower seeds. While these are perfect for snack time, you can even pack a couple of these in your kids’ lunch boxes as a sweet treat.
Everyone will love these delicious brownie energy bites, because who doesn’t love chocolate? :)
- 1 cup (145 g) raisins, packed
- 1 cup (120 g) cashews
- ¼ cup (20 g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- Place raisins in a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak for 5 minutes to soften then drain.
- Add raisins and all remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture turns into the consistency of sand. Remove blade from the unit.
- Using your hands, scoop out dough and form into balls on the palms of your hands.
- Chill for 30 minutes and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for one week.