Squooshi Giveaway and Review –giveaway CLOSED–
Have you ever wondered how to pack smoothies, pudding, and applesauce for school lunch?
Now that I’m completely obsessed with my new blender, I’ve been blending anything and everything I can get my hands on.
I found the perfect accessory to my new blender: Squooshi!
Squooshi is a reusable food pouch that I came across in an effort to send smoothies to school. They are amazing. Leak-proof and dishwasher-safe, and they can also save you money!
When I first got my awesome blender, I was blending everything! With so much blending, there are always smoothies to be stored for later, right?
Here’s how I used my Squooshi pouches to store my extra smoothies:
- Set up a little assembly line of Squooshi pouches.
- Make sure the lids are on tight, and turn the pouches upside down.
- Unzip the sturdy zipper at the bottom of the Squooshi pouch, and spoon or pour in your smoothie (applesauce or pudding).
- Zip it closed.
- Label the contents with the labels from the starter kit.
How to store:
You can refrigerate your Squooshi contents or freeze them (make sure you leave a little room for expansion). I love being able to freeze my smoothies because they serve as icepacks for the lunch, and they are thawed and chilled by lunchtime.
How to clean:
I am beyond thrilled that Squooshi pouches can go on the top rack of the dishwasher! In the rare occasion I find one in the back of the minivan, I use my little sprayer nozzle to pressure-wash any leftover smoothie.
- I can make smoothies ahead of time at a fraction of the cost and transport them to school in a leak-proof manner.
- They don’t take up a lot of room.
- They are freezable; which means they also act as a an ice pack.
- They’re reusable, so they’re good for the environment, and I feel good about sending fresh food to school.
- They’re easy to clean.
- They’re perfect for babies transitioning to solid foods and for growing kids.
- They save me money. I can blend ripe fruits and store them in a Squooshi instead of throwing them away.
- My kids think they’re fun.
- They’re inexpensive. The fact that they are reusable, and I can put my own foods in them, make this a great addition to my lunch box supplies.
- I didn’t find out about them sooner.
- You have to wash them (silly I know, but I couldn’t think of another con).
I think these are a great investment. They are reusable, they last a long time, and they save money by reducing food waste. I can choose between the animal ones or geometric prints for different ages. So yes, I would definitely buy them.