These pretzel hearts are the perfect treat to send to school this Valentine’s Day and the kids will be very excited to find them inside their lunchbox!
Making these pretzel hearts is very easy and it’s a terrific kitchen activity to make with your kids, bag them up, and hand out to all their friends. Check out how easy they are to make in this short video.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to celebrate how special our kids are; and by putting one or two of these pretzel hearts inside their lunchbox, it lets them know they are loved.
I hope you and your kids enjoy making these sweet treats!
What is your favorite Valentine’s treat to give your kids?
Valentine’s Day Pretzel Hearts
- Yield: 48 hearts
- Mini pretzel twists, about 48
- White chocolate chips, 6 ounces
- Conversation hearts, 48
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and line up pretzels by making six rows or eight pretzels on the baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips, stirring to make sure they don’t burn every 30 seconds. Transfer melted white chocolate into a parchment bag or zip bag, cutting a small hole in the tip of the bag.
- Pipe melted white chocolate inside the pretzel to form a heart shape and immediately add a conversation heart in the middle. Repeat process with all pretzels.
- Chill pretzels until set, about 30 minutes. Separate from parchment paper and store in a dry airtight container or bag as treats.