Vegetable Lo Mein
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 8 ounces spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth to make this vegetarian friendly)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 2 TB peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Cook pasta according to package for al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Next, in a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in onion,garlic, carrots, cabbage and broccoli. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add the broth mixture, bean sprouts, and snow peas. Stirring often, continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but still a little crisp.
- Combine the vegetable mixture with the cooked pasta, toss and serve.