Get access to a FREE week of menus
Need a sweet treat but don’t have time to bake?
As much as I love the baking of cookies and candy around the holidays, sometimes it’s nice to have a simple recipe up your sleeve when you need something in a pinch.
This white chocolate popcorn is just that. Pop the popcorn yourself, drizzle with some melted white chocolate chips and top them off with some festive red and green sprinkles.
Don’t have any sprinkles? I think crushed candy canes would be a delicious way to finish them off too.
Bag this treat up as a gift for teachers, or surprise your kids with a fun, festive lunch box dessert.
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup popcorn kernels (yields 16 cups popcorn)
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- Christmas colored sprinkles
- Parchment paper
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, melt 1-2 tablespoons butter.
- Once butter is melted, pour in popcorn kernels.
- Cover with lid.
- As popcorn begins to pop, give pot a shake every now and then to toss kernels and prevent burning.
- When popping slows, remove from heat and spread popcorn in a single layer on parchment paper.
- While popcorn cools, melt bag of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Using a fork, drizzle melted white chocolate over popped corn.
- Immediately follow by decorating with Christmas sprinkles.
- Allow 1 hour for chocolate to harden.
- Break into pieces and store in an air tight container.