This witches’ brew recipe for kids is a sure way to brighten up your child’s lunch box this Halloween.
Now that you’ve got lots of school lunch ideas to fill the lunch box, it’s time to find healthy treats to add to it. Right?
Look no further. This witches’ brew is a fun way to get your kids to drink more liquid and make it taste great!
If you are looking for healthy alternatives to store-bought candy, cookies, and treats, this recipe is for you.
The idea for this witches’ brew sparked out of my homemade icee recipe. Of course, it’s free of junk, and it’s one homemade drink you can feel good about.
For this picture, I used store-bought eye gummies, but you could find others free of artificial ingredients online.
Your kids will love the tangy sweetness of this drink and will get a kick out of the gummy eyeballs floating around! Just freeze the brew the night before, and add it to their lunch box still frozen. By lunchtime, it will have thawed enough to make a great slushy!
- Yield: 2
- Category: Drinks
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 gummy eyeballs (or similar)
- In a blender, mix the ice, lemonade, and pomegranate juice until you have a thick slush.
- Pour the drink inside a ball freezer jar (or a freezer-safe, leak-proof container), top with a gummy, close the lid, and freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, pack inside the lunch box frozen. It will become a slushy by lunch.