Zucchini “Pasta” Kids Will Love
- Author: MOMables
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 3 zucchini or summer squash (6 to 8 inches long)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Optional toppings: Pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and/or fresh tomatoes
- Scrub and clean the zucchini. Remove the ends, and discard the core and seeds. Julienne by hand or by using a mandoline.
- In a skillet on the stove, add 1 tablespoon of the oil on medium-high heat. Once heated, add half the zucchini noodles. You will need to cook them in two batches.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the lemon peel. Toss, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Halfway through, add half of the basil, and finish cooking until the noodles are soft.
- Repeat with the second batch of noodles.
- Serve immediately with your choice of toppings.