Need a grain-free veggie pizza option? Look no further. These Zucchini Pizza Bites are easy to make and a kid favorite!
For the past few weeks, we’ve brought you a variety of party food options that even those on gluten-free diets can easily enjoy! Here’s another fun idea that is low-carb, gluten-free, and delicious.
Much like our Veggie Lasagna Cups, these bite size pizzas are great for portion control. Grain-free and packed full of nutrients from the zucchini, these are sure to be a favorite for partygoers, family, or even packed for lunch!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2-3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella (or shredded)
- Optional toppings: mini pepperoni, sausage crumbles, mushrooms, olives, etc.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Diagonally slice the zucchini to create a larger crust, about ¼-inch thick.
- Spread the zucchini slices on the baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce on each slice, just enough to coat the surface but not so much that it runs over.
- Top with the mozzarella, and add your toppings.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.