Are you looking for real food dinners that your kids will love? I’m sharing 10 kid-approved dinner ideas made with real food that your family is sure to love! But first, check out a few of our favorite recipes and tips in this video!
Dinner Ideas With Kids
Finding dinner ideas that work for the whole family can be a major challenge. I know it was for me, especially with 3 picky eaters and the idea of making ONE meal for the whole family seemed impossible. Using our own meal plans was a game-changer in our family dinners, it’s now something we look forward to!
These are super easy to make and it makes the whole family happy. One of the best things about this easy dinner is that it doesn’t require a ton of ingredients and it’s so simple to put together.
Don’t be fooled by this simple recipe, tortilla pizza will knock you off guard! Made with tortillas, sauce, cheese, and all your favorite pizza toppings- these are done in 15 minutes and tastes like a pizza!
Want your kids to eat more fish? Check out these healthy fish nuggets made with salmon. Oven-baked until crispy… this recipe is the perfect weeknight meal. Plus these fish nuggets are freezer friendly.
This pizza pasta salad recipe is the perfect quick dinner and school lunch. You can assemble this meal in minutes and it’s completely customizable. Win-Win!
5. Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets (copycat Chick-fil-a)
This is definitely a recipe that the whole family will enjoy. Not only is it delicious, it is also gluten and grain free! So you won’t feel so bad when you are eating these delicious nuggets.
Savory Tomato Veggie is perfect with grilled cheese sandwiches for a simple, weeknight dinner.
This might be the best spaghetti carbonara recipe you’ll ever make. This classic meal is one where I don’t get any complaints! I also love this recipe because it’s easy to put together and I have most of the ingredients in my pantry already. If your family likes this one, they’ll also fall for the Spaghetti Bolognese!
Do you love taco night but hate being the last one to sit down with a cold taco on hand? This recipe is seriously so easy and you will have the tacos ready in no time!
This is for the pizza-lover in all of us. It’s a low-carb way to have an epic pizza night. This recipe also proves you can make healthy meals that kids will love by recreating their favorite foods
10. Burrito Bowls
What’s better than going out to a restaurant? Making these easy burrito bowls! This recipe is one way to eat Chipotle at home anytime you want. And, it’s one easy dinner idea your family is going to love and want more of. If you want to make it low-carb for the adults, swap regular rice for cauliflower rice.
There you have it. 10 recipes made with real food that the kids will love!
Bonus! I couldn’t resist sharing one more dinner recipe that your kids are sure to love! Try this yummy one-skillet dinner for the whole family.
Real Food Dinner Ideas for Kids | Baked Chicken with Carrots & Potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter, quartered
- 8 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon tapioca or corn starch
- 1 ⅔ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and generously with paprika. In a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm butter. Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add onion to the frying pan and stir. Add potato quarters and carrots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté until vegetables are beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add starch and stir to coat. Gradually mix in the broth. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through, stirring and turning the chicken over occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Mix in the thyme. Adjust seasonings to taste. Divide the chicken and vegetables among 4 warmed plates and serve right away.