Mar 11, 2014
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Need some ideas for some fun pancake add-ins? Look no further!
Not only is breakfast the most important meal of the day, it is the only meal we always eat together every day no matter what our schedules look like. We are all such huge breakfast lovers that we sometimes enjoy breakfast for lunch or dinner, too.
Pancakes have always been a favorite in my family. However, sometimes we want to jazz up our pancakes and try something different. We’ve put together a list of 33 pancake add-ins you will surely enjoy! No more complaining of “plain pancakes” with these add-ins. Simply start with our homemade pancake mix and add in these great options for some delicious homemade pancakes!
Pancakes are obviously a family favorite for me, but having them every morning for breakfast can get tiring for the kids. So if you need more amazing breakfast ideas, along with ideas to fill your kid’s lunch boxes, come join us! You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter and get ideas sent straight to your inbox weekly!
MOM Tip: Double or triple your recipe and freeze the extras!
Need a gluten-free pancake mix? You can find ours here.
- Strawberry Banana—chopped strawberries and mashed banana or top with homemade Strawberry Syrup
- Peanut Butter (or nut-free spread) and Jelly
- Banana Nut (Walnut)—mashed banana and chopped walnuts
- Apple Cinnamon—applesauce (and/or tiny chopped apples) and cinnamon
- Mixed Berry—chopped strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc. (can use frozen) and my Blueberry Homemade Syrup
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes—lemon zest, lemon juice, and blueberries
- Pumpkin Pancakes—pureed pumpkin and pumpkin spices
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes—brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla top it with Cinnamon Syrup
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes—mini chocolate chips
- Coconut Pancakes—coconut milk, topped with coconut flakes
- Spinach Pancakes
- Chocolate Pancakes—cocoa powder
- Yogurt/Greek Yogurt Pancakes—add in favorite yogurt
- Orange Cranberry—orange zest, orange juice, and chopped cranberries (dried or fresh)
- Honey Pancakes—drizzle honey in batter
- Raspberry White Chocolate Chip—raspberries and white chocolate chips
- Bacon Pancakes—cooked bacon
- Carrot Cake Pancakes—finely shredded carrot, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla
- Nutty Pancakes—a mix of chopped nuts
- Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes—oats and dried raisins
- Mint Chocolate Chip—mint extract and chocolate chips
- Buttermilk Pancakes—substitute buttermilk for milk
- Pineapple Pancakes—crushed pineapple
- Coffee Lovers—espresso powder
- Gingerbread Pancakes—ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and molasses
- Maple Cinnamon Pancakes—pure maple syrup and cinnamon
- Banana Split—mashed bananas, mini chocolate chips, and chopped cherries
- Zucchini Pancakes—sneak in shredded zucchini
- Chocolate Peanut Butter—cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and peanut butter
- Nutella Pancakes—MOMables sunflower seed Nutella
- Snickerdoodle Pancakes—brown sugar and cinnamon
- Macadamia Nut—chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips
- Eggnog Pancakes—eggnog instead of milk
- Lemon Poppyseed—lemon zest, lemon juice, and poppyseeds
Love these add in ideas! This should work well with 3 teenagers. What I’m wondering is how much of each add in do you put in the batter?
It really depends, but for things like berries, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts, it’s usually 1/3 cup. For spices, it’s about 1/2 teaspoon.
What about Peach Pancakes Yum!!!!
MOMables - Laura
And/or your favorite granola!
I’m interested in the gingerbread pancakes, that sounds so yummy! About how much of each extra ingredient do I put in?
there is a link to those right below the picture. enjoy!
I’d suggest little cubes of cheddar cheese. My mom used to make cheese waffles when I was a kid and they were MWA!! SO GOOD!
Thank you for including a healthier version of Nutella… I was worried there for a minute. Great list
So the ingredients from your list all just get mixed in with the batter?
they are either toppings or mix-ins. yes. enjoy!
What’s on the pancakes in the photo? Whipped cream?
some might have whipped cream or whipped coconut cream