During the holidays most of the attention usually goes to the main meal of the day, but don’t forget about breakfast! These holiday breakfast ideas will get your family in the holiday spirit, first thing in the morning.
Oh, and if you need a little pick-me-up before whipping up one of these simple breakfasts, I’ve got you covered with my Instant Iced Coffee. The perfect drink to enjoy when you’ll be in a warm kitchen all day.
If you are still planning out the rest of your holiday meals, check out my Thanksgiving Menu Plan. It covers everything from Turkey to sides and even Dessert. I’ll walk you through the prepping process and help you every step of the way! Grab the Holiday Menu here.
Breakfast Recipes for Thanksgiving or Christmas
Sometimes we get so caught up in planning and prepping for the big holiday dinner that we totally forget about breakfast. Not this year! Here are 8 delectable Christmas breakfast recipes that are indulgent and satisfying. Your kids will definitely love the special breakfast treat on Thanksgiving or Christmas!
1. Cranberry Baked Oatmeal
If you’re crunched for time, bake the oatmeal the night before, and simply reheat in the morning! There’s nothing better than warm, comforting cranberry baked oatmeal for breakfast. Since it’s baked, it makes it even easier to portion out. You can also make Blueberry Baked Oatmeal!
2. Eggnog Pancakes
These Eggnog Pancakes are the perfect recipe to get you in the Holiday Spirit. While Eggnog definitely makes me think “Christmas” my family has been known to enjoy these all year long!
3. Apple Fritter Muffins
Apples are in season around this time of year, so I’ve been using every excuse to put them in as many recipes as possible! These Apple Fritter Muffins have that classic apple fritter flavor without all the hassle of frying. They’re soft and filling enough to last you until the big holiday meal!
4. Pumpkin Scones
I love adding pumpkin flavor to everything I can but these pumpkin scones have to be one of the very best holiday breakfast ideas ever! They can be enjoyed at the table or as an easy grab-and-go breakfast if you’re traveling for the holidays!
5. Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
No list of holiday breakfast recipes would be complete without these epic Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. The ultimate festive breakfast!
6. Cinnamon Rolls
7. Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Muffins
It’s like coffee cake that you can hold in your hand! These Cinnamon Swirl Muffins with crumbly topping are a wonderful way to start your holiday!
8. Pumpkin Overnight Oats
Pumpkin Pie for breakfast? Yes Please! Kids love the dessert flavor of these healthy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats, and you’ll be glad to know, this is a healthy early-morning option!
Which of these amazing breakfast recipes will you be enjoying for the holidays?
8 Holiday Breakfast Recipes Your Kids Will Love
This cranberry baked oatmeal is just one of 8 amazing holiday breakfast ideas that will help your family feel festive in the morning!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons liquid stevia
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup fresh cranberries, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 9 x 9-inch square baking dish, a 9×13-inch or oval.
- In a large bowl, whisk the honey with the liquid stevia, unsweetened almond milk, egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, orange zest, and orange juice until combined.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to the liquid mixture and stir to form a thick batter. Add 1 cup cranberries to the batter and fold with a spatula to combine.
- Pour oat and cranberry mixture into the prepared baking dish. Arrange cranberries to make sure they are evenly distributed throughout. Top with additional cranberries.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven until the top is golden and the oat mixture is set. Remove from oven and allow mixture to cool slightly prior to serving.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 259.9mg
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 54.1mg