If fall recipes give you the warm and fuzzies, even if you live in the warm parts of the country like I do, then these healthy fall breakfast recipes are the perfect start to your day.
Pumpkin and apple flavors are definitely some of the best things about fall. We love to go apple-picking during the season! We also love hearty breakfasts like oatmeal and muffins during the fall. It’s all about warm, comforting foods that are still healthy.
I promise these breakfast recipes will stop you from hitting the snooze button and will have you heading straight to the kitchen.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes that the whole family will love, for breakfast lunch AND dinner, then you need to check out my clean eating program for families. It’s 30 days of clean recipes that are simple and kid-approved. Learn more here.
Healthy Fall Breakfast Recipes
Fall Breakfast Hash
- 12 ounces chorizo sausage
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 16 ounces cubed squash
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 eggs
- Remove chorizo from the casing and cook in a large skillet for about four minutes. Remove and set aside; keep the drippings in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions, and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes until onions golden and soft. Add squash, garlic powder, and cumin to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, fry eggs on a greased medium pan, to your desired doneness, such as over-easy. Place egg over the hash and serve.