Healthy Fall Breakfast Recipes
Healthy breakfast recipes that the whole family will love for Fall.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servigs 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 12 ounces (340 g) chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup (80 g) onion, chopped
- 16 ounces (454 g) cubed squash
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups (135 g) kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) lime juice
- 4 eggs
- Remove chorizo from the casing and cook in a large skillet for about four minutes. Remove and set aside; keep the drippings in the pan.
- Add the chopped onions, and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes until onions golden and soft. Add squash, garlic powder, and cumin to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, fry eggs on a greased medium pan, to your desired doneness, such as over-easy. Place egg over the hash and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup + 1 egg
- Calories: 571
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 1718.3mg
- Fat: 37.8g
- Saturated Fat: 13.9g
- Carbohydrates: 30.2g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 29.7g
- Cholesterol: 261mg
Keywords: healthy breakfast ideas, fall breakfast recipes