Allergy-Friendly Apple Herb Stuffing
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons warm water (or 1 egg, if your allergies allow)
- 8 cups bread cubes and pieces
- 2 cups diced apples, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian-blend seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegan buttery spread or stick, softened (or butter, if your allergies allow)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- If you’re making a flax egg, in a small bowl, mix the flax and water, and set aside for about 10 minutes until it forms a gel-like paste.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, apples, onion, and celery, and then add the salt and seasoning.
- Pour over the buttery spread, egg, broth, and apple juice. Mix well until the bread pieces are coated.
- Pour into the baking dish evenly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.