Running out of side dishes to pair with your family’s favorite meals? Look no further than these baked carrot fries!
Yummy, healthy, and so easy to make, these are a great side dish option that pairs well with almost any recipe, from burgers to baked chicken tenders!
If you are getting tired of making the same old steamed broccoli, asparagus, or side salads for dinner, you’ve got to try these Baked Carrot French Fries because they are always winners with the kids.
I mean, who doesn’t love french fries, right?
The thing is, that frozen fries aren’t always the healthiest option, especially with the added ingredients, and most people don’t slice potatoes into fries.
So if you don’t want to rely on frozen fries or want to eliminate some of those added ingredients, this recipe is just the thing to serve for dinner tonight.
The carrot fries can easily be prepped ahead of time and kept in the fridge for a few days until you are ready to bake and serve them.
Serve with: Healthy Turkey Burgers
How to Make Carrot Fries
It doesn’t take much to turn this veggie into delicious, crispy baked fries.
You can season these with your favorite spices and herbs for regular and sweet potato fries- they’ll be delicious no matter what!
- Preheat Oven – Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Peel and Slice – Peel the carrots and slice them into thick strips. Place the carrot strips onto the baking sheet and drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine.
- Bake until Crispy – Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake at 450F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender and crispy on the outside.
Super easy, right? If you want to bake your carrot fries along with me, check out this quick recipe video and we can do it together.
Other options are sweet potatoes or zucchini, but I love using carrots for this recipe since they are an excellent source of beta-carotene, vitamin A, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, not to mention how great they taste!
Easy and convenient recipes like this one that adds nutrition are exactly what you’ll find inside our MOMables Meal Plans. I love serving these carrot fries for dinner along with honey chicken drumsticks. And then the next day, these carrot fries pack perfectly in a lunchbox!
Packing Carrot Fries for Lunch
Unlike regular french fries, which aren’t so great cold, baked carrot fries taste even better and make a delicious side to pack in the lunchbox.
Their caramelized, nutty flavor comes out, and they keep a tender texture vs. dried and limp french fries.
Of course, fries of any sort need a dipping sauce, and for carrot french fries Homemade Ranch is the way to go. Something about that creamy flavor makes everything just right!
Carrot Fries Recipe
These Baked Carrot Fries make an incredible and healthy sidekick to any of your family’s favorite dinner recipes.
- Yield: Makes 5 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 1 pound fresh carrots
- 2 teaspoons oil (coconut, olive oil, your choice)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and slice them into thick strips.
- Place the carrot strips onto the baking sheet and drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake at 450F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender and crispy on the outside.
- Calories: 44
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 306.5mg
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg