Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
The perfect way to get more veggies into your day! Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, these cauliflower bites are so delish!
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 18 bites 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and diced into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon favorite all-purpose seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (either Cheddar or mozzarella will work)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs (plain will work, but panko is recommended)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepot over medium high-heat steam, the cauliflower in the water until cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and allow the cauliflower cool down to room temperature.
- Before mashing, drain any excess moisture from the saucepan. Add the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the seasoning.
- Using a potato masher, begin mashing the florets until smooth.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese to the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- In a separate, medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flax meal (if using), remaining 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Using your hands, begin forming balls with the cauliflower mixture, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll each ball in the bread crumb mixture, then place it on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cauliflower mixture and breadcrumb coating.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until the bread crumbs are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
- When forming the cauliflower bites, give each ball a squeeze between your hands to remove excess moisture. This will prevent them from falling apart.
- My go-to all-purpose seasonings for this recipe are Garlic and Herb seasoning, Creole Seasoning, and Italian Seasoning.
- Serving Size: 3 bites
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 184.8mg
- Fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrates: 5.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.1g
Keywords: cauliflower bites, cauliflower balls, cauliflower for kids,