Do your kids frown at the thought of eating oatmeal for breakfast?
They won’t after you try our fun recipe!
Oatmeal packs a lot of nutrition per serving, plus it ensures that our kids have the energy they need to focus at school. Why not treat your family to a fun way to eat oatmeal?
In about 10 minutes, you can whip up a super-fun Banana Split Breakfast Buffet that will fill your home with lots of festivity, as well as fill those little bellies with good-for-you food.
Watch just how easy this is to set up and make for your family breakfast!
There are so many occasions to celebrate with this delightfully cheerful breakfast, such as waking up your birthday boy or girl to a special breakfast birthday party—just place a candle in the center and make a wish! This is also a fun breakfast to serve at sleep-over parties or when entertaining special guests.
Of course, it’s also great anytime you want to start the day with a little healthy fun—it has certainly become a much-requested favorite in our home! We hope this delicious breakfast buffet will become a treasured tradition in yours too!
Banana Split Oatmeal Breakfast Bar
With gluten- and dairy-free options.
- Yield: 4–5 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Banana Split Toppings:
- Sliced bananas
- Fresh or thawed frozen berries
- Vanilla Greek yogurt (or coconut milk yogurt)
- Dark chocolate chips (65% cacao or higher)
- Crispy walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats*
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup milk (cow, coconut, almond, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons pure honey (or maple syrup)
- Assemble banana split buffet toppings. Slice the bananas in half horizontally, and dice the strawberries. Place them in small individual serving dishes, along with the yogurt, chocolate chips, and nuts (as shown in the photo above).
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the oats, water, milk, and honey. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Put the oatmeal in a large serving dish, and place it center-stage at your Banana Split Breakfast Buffet.
- Hand everyone a bowl, and take turns creating your own delicious breakfast-style Banana Split. A super fun and healthy way to start the day!
* Consider (soaking your oats|http://thenourishinghome.com/2013/02/cinnamon-maple-crunch-oatmeal-gluten-free-option/).