Best Scones Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 - 18 minutes
- Total Time: 29 - 33 minutes
- Yield: 8 scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup half and half, cold
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in food processor until combined, about 5 pulses. Add butter and pulse until fully incorporated and mixture looks like very fine crumbs with no visible butter, about 20 pulses. Add half and half to the dry ingredients and blend until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to well-floured counter and gather into ball. With floured hands, knead until the surface is smooth and free of cracks, 25 to 30 times. Press gently to form a disk.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll disk into a 9-inch round, about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 8 triangles and place onto the baking sheet.
- Brush tops of scones with reserved half and half.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees and bake scones until risen and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Transfer scones to wire rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve scones warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 3.4 g