If you love all things bacon then this BLT Salad is just what you need! All the BLT fixing plus avocado, cheese, and homemade Ranch dressing- it’s meal prep perfection!
What Goes in a Good BLT Salad
Basically everything, you put on a BLT sandwich, minus the bread. I already took the liberty of adding cheese, avocado, and Ranch dressing because this salad wouldn’t be complete without them.
While I love the classic BLT sandwich, this is a much lighter version I came up with while creating the Family Kickstart! It’s grain-free, low carb and my kids love it which is another bonus about this salad.
This lunch helps us, adults, feel like we can accomplish our healthy eating goals and the kids enjoy what’s brought to the table.
How to Meal Prep Your BLT Salad
This is one of my favorite parts about BLT salads because let me tell ya’ they’re made for the meal prep life! I also love that I can prep ONE meal for me to take to the office and the rest of the family to enjoy for lunch.
Place the lettuce in lunch containers then top with chopped bacon, cheese, and tomatoes. I like to add the avocado before eating since they brown quickly.
Pack the dressing into sauce containers and pour over the salad just before tossing. This recipe includes homemade Ranch dressing because:
1. It takes less than 2 minutes to make.
2. It’s so much tastier and better for you than the bottled stuff.
3. It keeps for up to a week in the fridge but never really lasts that long.
Need any more reasons to try it for yourself?
Best Salad Meal Prep Containers
For the kids I like using Easylunchboxes, they’re colorful, fun, and totally lunch box durable. They also have compartments so you can pack extra snacks like crackers and fruit if desired.
I’ve had my set for years and they are still going strong, so if you’re on the lookout for durable, kid-friendly lunch containers these are your best bet.
If you’re looking for a more “adult” container for office lunches I’ve found these clear glass prep containers to be perfect! They’re the same ones I used in the video and I love them!
The glass meal prep containers have a large compartment and snap-lock lids so you don’t have to worry about leaks or messes.
How to Store Cooked Bacon
I don’t know if you knew this already but you can cook bacon ahead of time and use for up to 5 days. Shocker! I know.
Cooked bacon never lasts that long in my house but I use this technique to make these salads, mini quiches, or for breakfast with a side of scrambled eggs. All you need to do is give the cooked bacon a super quick warm in the microwave and you have crispy, hot bacon.
Healthy Meal Prep Lunch Ideas:
If you’re diggin’ this whole salad meal prep thing I think you’ll like these other healthy lunch ideas. Each of them can require no re-heating and can be prepped ahead of time for an easy school or office lunch.
BLT Salad Lunchbox
What better way to eat bacon for lunch than a BLT Salad? This low carb version has all the classic BLT fixings plus avocado, cheese, and Ranch dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 salads 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- 8 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices crispy bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Assemble 4 lunch containers and in each, create a bed of Romaine lettuce, top with tomatoes, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 2 tablespoons cooked bacon, and 1/4 of an avocado.
- In a lidded jar, combine the mayonnaise, milk, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Cover with lid, seal, and shake to combine. Refrigerate and use for up to a week.
- Divide Ranch dressing between 2 sauce containers and pack with salads.
- Refrigerate remaining Ranch dressing in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 485
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 892.9mg
- Fat: 36.1g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Protein: 28.5g