August 30, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for the perfect kid-friendly meal that will keep everyone full for hours? This epic breakfast quesadilla is one even picky eaters will love!
Easy to make, filled with their favorite ingredients, and it’s made fast!
Can You Eat Quesadillas for Breakfast?
Breakfast quesadillas are no different than enjoying an omelet and toast for breakfast.
They are filled with scrambled eggs, protein, and a little cheese to make everything delicious.
Not only is it a quick option, but it’s also a kid-friendly breakfast idea since the classic triangles are filled with ingredients even picky eaters love.
Are They Healthy?
Quesadillas are a terrific breakfast filled with lots of protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates that keep everyone full and satiated for hours. They can be filled with veggies and just a little cheese to keep the fat content lower.
You can make breakfast quesadillas with just about anything, but this tasty recipe includes:
- Eggs: our main filling for these breakfast quesadillas.
- Ham: adds a smoky flavor and extra protein.
- Tomato: could be Roma, vine, grape, or cherry.
- Shredded cheese: your favorite variety.
- Tortillas: use the largest flour tortillas you can find.
How to Make Breakfast Quesadillas
The following directions are a simplified version of how to make this recipe; you’ll find full details in the recipe card below. Now, grab those ingredients, and let’s make some breakfast!
- Mix and scramble
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and add the eggs and ham. Cook the eggs in a greased skillet over medium-high heat until fluffy and scrambled.
Preheat your griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a tortilla to the hot surface and top with cheese. Add the eggs, more cheese, and the remaining tortilla.
- Grill and serve
Let the quesadilla cook for 2 minutes or until the bottom is golden. Carefully flip and cook the other side for an additional minute or until all of the cheese is melted.
- Time to eat!
Remove the quesadilla from heat, slice, and serve!
Check out this quick video to see this tasty breakfast quesadilla come together!
More Healthy Add-Ins
Treat these breakfast quesadillas like an omelet, meaning you can add any of your favorite ingredients into or on top of the scrambled egg mixture. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Chopped spinach– ½ cup
- Black olives– ¼ cup
- Salsa– ¼ cup
- Avocado– ½ a fruit, diced
- Any leftover cooked veggies– ½ cup
- Chopped deli turkey– 4 slices (4 ounces)
- Bacon bits– ¼ cup
- Cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage– ½ cup
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Picky Eaters
When you have picky eaters, making sure they get a nutritious breakfast can be a challenge.
One way to make breakfast more fun is with these delicious Breakfast Cookies; or, if you’re on-the-go, try one of these Kid-Friendly Smoothies you can whip up fast in the blender.
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz ham cubed
- 1 small Roma tomato diced seeds removed
- ½ cup cheese
- 2 large tortillas
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the ham and diced tomato, and mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, spray or grease and pour the egg mixture. Cook the eggs until firm, and set aside.
- Heat a griddle or a large pan over medium heat. Place one tortilla on the pan, and sprinkle half of the cheese on the tortilla. Once the cheese has melted, top with egg scramble, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with the second tortilla.
- When the bottom tortilla has begun to brown, flip and brown the other side for about a minute, long enough to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the pan, slice into four or six triangles, and serve.
These were great. Simple and really good. I served them with peach salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos on the side. Thanks for sharing this nice keeper.
I think this quesadilla is breakfast PERFECTION!
My little boys will love this. Will try with corn tortillas since my little one has a slight allergy to gluten. Great idea!
i make them with corn torillas too when i’m out of flour tortillas. also delicious!
I really need to try these! They look wonderful!
Glad we could give you an idea!
Michelle | Creative Food
Thank you! I hope you enjoy them– they are a family favorite :)