How do you sneak veggies into your kid’s lunch? Here is an idea!
Are your kids eating enough veggies? Adding veggies to their lunch with a yummy broccoli and cheese pocket is a great way to make sure they do!
Broccoli and Cheese Biscuit Pockets
- Yield: 4
- 1 recipe honey wheat biscuits
- 3-4 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the honey wheat biscuit dough according to the directions, and cut the dough into 8 biscuits. Cut a slit on one side of each biscuit, creating a pocket.
- Place a folded slice of cheese and broccoli inside of the biscuit. Stretch and press down the dough over the stuffing and seal down with your fingers.
- Place the stuffed biscuit dough on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining biscuits. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the baking sheet and serve.
To freeze: You can freeze these assembled prior to cooking on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once frozen, remove from the tray and transfer to a freezer zip-top bag.
For school lunches: I prepare these the night before, refrigerate on the tray, and bake in the morning. Alternatively, you can make these ahead of time and pack in the morning. My kids eat them at room temperature.