Broccoli Tater Tots
It’s probably safe to say that broccoli isn’t a kid favorite food…but tater tots are! This simple Broccoli Tater Tots recipe is sure to be a winner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 60 tots
- Category: Lunches
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chopped raw broccoli
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425F, place oven rack in the middle of the oven, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Boil, steam, or microwave the potatoes to the point where a fork punctures through but they are too tough to cook -about 10 minutes in boiling water, 5-6 in the microwave.
- Drain the potatoes and set them aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the broccoli florets until it resembles rice. Add the semi-cooked potatoes, 1 1/2 cups of the parmesan cheese, and seasoning, pulse to combine, and break up the potatoes.
- With a spatula, fold the ingredients together to combine, making sure no large pieces of potatoes were left behind.
- With your hands, begin forming small balls -smaller than meatballs, larger than traditional tater tots.
- Roll each ball in parmesan cheese and place on the lined baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Remove from heat and serve.
- Do not use wax paper. The cheese will melt onto the wax and the recipe will not turn out.
- Pack at room temperature in a lunchbox.
- Freeze unbaked leftovers for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size: 9 broccoli tots
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 355.2mg
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Cholesterol: 14.4mg
Keywords: broccoli tots, easy healthy lunch