Looking for a delicious smoothie your kids will love? Sweet-tart cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips make this Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie a delicious, healthy treat.
Want to see just how easy this recipe is to make? Check out this quick video:
With Valentine’s Day coming up, we’re often bombarded with chocolate-covered everything, and I decided to turn one of our favorite treats into a refreshing and healthy smoothie.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie Ingredients
Four ingredients and a good blender are all you need to whip up this easy kid-favorite smoothie recipe.
Here’s what you need:
- Milk: your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk.
- Frozen banana: to sweeten the smoothie naturally without adding sugar.
- Frozen pitted cherries: add nutrition and bright pinkish color.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: to find chocolate tidbits in every sip!
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
If you don’t know by now, my kids love smoothies. It’s a snack request I can never turn down and they make great recipes for picky eaters. You can blend up a ton of nutritious fruits and vegetables into a creamy drink they will want to sip up for breakfast or an after school snack.
How to Make a Smoothie with Frozen Fruit
I like using frozen fruit for smoothie recipes because it helps everything blend thick and stay colder, longer. Ready to make this yummy treat? Perfect, grab your blender, and let’s get to it.
Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth.
*Starting with liquids first and adding ingredients will ensure any smoothie recipe blends even and smooth.
- Sip up!
Transfer the smoothie to a glass or to-go cup and sip away.
Why not pack this smoothie in a thermos for a healthy Valentine’s Day lunchbox treat your kids will love just as much as candy. They’ll never know they’re drinking something good for them.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie
- 1 cup milk
- 1 frozen banana, frozen
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place milk, banana, and cherries inside the blender, and blend until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and blend, about 10 seconds, leaving some of the chip pieces in the smoothie.
- Divide the smoothie into 2 glasses and enjoy.