June 4, 2012
Next time you need a substantial snack or healthy treat, try this chocolate peanut butter smoothie made with no banana. It’s super thick, delicious, and packed with healthy fats and protein.
Fruit smoothies are my family’s most requested recipe, but nothing compares when it comes to this chocolate peanut butter smoothie. A scoop of peanut butter and Greek yogurt provides added protein and flavor my kids love to sip through a straw.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Ingredients
Only five ingredients, including ice, are needed to make this dessert-like smoothie. Let’s run down the list of ingredients you’ll need:
- Chocolate milk: you can use dairy or non-dairy chocolate milk.
- Plain Greek yogurt: makes the smoothie creamy and high in protein.
- Peanut butter: natural, creamy peanut butter, another nut butter, or your favorite nut-free alternative.
- Maple syrup: or honey to add sweetness!
- Ice: it’s gotta be super refreshing!
Like most smoothie recipes, you can customize this one to the needs of your family. Use non-dairy milk and yogurt, or if you can’t have nut butter like peanut butter or almond butter, I have a video about the top 5 nut-free alternatives that taste just as great in this post!
Have frozen bananas on hand you’d like to use up? This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake is just as heavenly with a frosty-like texture.
How to Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie without Banana
Making delicious smoothies is a one-step process, and the blender does all the work. It goes a little like this:
Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth.
*Starting with liquids first and adding solid ingredients will ensure any smoothie recipe blends even and smooth.
- Sip up!
Transfer the smoothie to a glass or to-go cup and sip away!
The best part is that I can put all of the ingredients in my budget blender the night before and store it in the fridge or make smoothie freezer packs, so in the morning, all I have to do is blend, and it’s ready to go!
Watch the magic happen here:
Pack this smoothie with one of the lunch ideas for a tasty lunchbox side dish.
101 Packed Lunches eBook
All my best kid-friendly lunches from over a decade of creating meal plans. Add some variety to your child’s lunchbox with these epic lunches, plus receive my Pack Meals Like a Pro ebook, free with purchase!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (no banana)
- 1 cup chocolate milk, dairy or nondairy (we use chocolate almond milk)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup creamy, natural peanut butter, or other nut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in the order listed into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk for a thinner consistency if desired.