Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
Warm up with this classic Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup! Let the Crockpot do the work and come home to dinner that’s already done. Easy and delicious!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1½ teaspoons dried)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (wide egg noodles, spaghetti, or fusilli – gluten-free, if needed)
- In a large Crockpot (6-quart), place all the ingredients minus the pasta. Cook for 6 hours on low heat, or 4 hours on high.
- After 4 or 6 hours (depending on temperature setting), remove the chicken and chop to bite-size pieces. Place the chicken back in the Crockpot.
- Add the pasta, turn the heat up to high, cover, and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Discard the bay leaf, and serve soup immediately.
You can also use leftover chicken that is already cooked. Follow the recipe as is.