March 7, 2020
An easy alfredo sauce with half and half that comes together in less than 10 minutes. Who’s ready to start cooking?
Watch how easily this creamy sauce comes together in this quick recipe video.
Toss this rich and creamy sauce with pasta or spread it over pizza for an easy, crowd-pleasing meal.
What is Alfredo Sauce?
You probably best know it in the delicious Fettucine Alfredo and today, I’m showing how you can make your own alfredo sauce for all your family’s favorite meals.
The restaurant/ jarred versions have nothing on this homemade Alfredo sauce and it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. Whether tossed with pasta or spread over a pizza, it’s one sauce the kids are always up for.
Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
Good thing alfredo sauce ingredients also happen to be common pantry and fridge staples.
This recipe uses half & half to give the sauce a smooth velvet texture. Some people prefer a combination of milk and heavy cream which works well too, but keeping it to one liquid keeps everything simple.
For the cheese, this recipe uses cream cheese and grated Parmesan. Classic alfredo is very basic, using only Parmesan, but I find the cream cheese gives it a nice tang and thicker consistency. You can leave it out or swap it for more Parmesan cheese.
Here’s a look at everything you’ll need for this Alfredo sauce:
- Cream cheese
- Half & Half
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
How easy is it to make alfredo sauce with half and half?
With simple ingredients and a few minutes, you can have fresh homemade alfredo sauce.
It’s also worth mentioning; you’ll need a whisk and some mad whisking skills, both essential for the ultimate, creamy, smooth alfredo sauce.
Step-by-Step Alfredo Sauce Instructions with Half and Half
You are about to see just how easy this recipe is. This recipe yields about 3 cups, which is just enough for a pound of pasta. When needed, this can also be doubled and tripled.
1. First, you will melt the butter and brown the garlic.
2. Next, add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Pour in the half & half and continue to whisk.
3. Add the cheese and whisk until melted and smooth.
4. Finally season it with salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. Give it a good stir and voila! Homemade Alfredo sauce.
Be sure to scroll down and print the full recipe from the recipe box below.
Best Recipes Using Alfredo Sauce
I couldn’t leave you without some epic recipes to try with this alfredo sauce! Here are just a few of my favorites.
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- Cajun Alfredo
- No-Bake Lasagna– swap it for tomato sauce in this No Bake Lasagna
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Like this alfredo, you won’t go back to the jarred version any time soon.
Easy Alfredo Sauce with Half and Half
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Over medium heat, melt the butter, and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese, and keep stirring until melted. Slowly pour in the half and half, and keep whisking.
- Add the Parmesan cheese in small amounts, and keep stirring on medium-low heat until well combined.
- Remove from the heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and top with nutmeg, if using.