Paleo sandwich bread, gluten-free sandwich bread, whatever you want to call it this grain-free bread is made in the blender and perfect for toasting, grilling, and making sandwiches.
Watch how easy this healthy bread recipe comes together in this video:
Coming up with healthy meal ideas for a grain-free/gluten-free/dairy-free household can be challenging -especially at lunchtime! And most often, everyone is missing their favorite lunchtime meal: a sandwich!
With this easy to make grain-free bread that is made in the blender, you won’t have to pay $6 to $8 for a single loaf of bread! And this grain-free bread lets you make sandwiches, morning toasts, and even grilled cheese!
This bread recipe is my secret weapon when it comes to eating better as a family.
The truth is, eliminating processed foods and sugars does not have to mean eliminating your family’s favorite foods and recipes from the meal plan. In fact, I’ve pulled all of my family’s favorites into a 30-day clean eating program specifically for families who want to eat better, together. Check it out here!
What Goes In Grain Free Bread?
Nut flour or nuts and eggs are the essential grain-free ingredients. For this Grain Free Blender Bread, I use whole cashews and coconut flour to fill what would normally be used as regular flour or the “grains”.
What is ‘Blender Bread’?
Blender bread is one of the easiest bread recipes you’ll ever make. No yeast, kneading, or bread makers required. Everything is combined in a blender, poured into the loaf pan, and baked to perfection.
How to Make Softer Grain-Free Bread Using The Blender
How to Give Grain Free Bread More Volume
You’ll notice this recipe calls for 5 eggs which seems excessive but it’s key to a nice, tall loaf of grain-free bread, it also gives it a better texture.
Another important recipe note is the type of loaf pan. You’ll want to use a 7 x 3-inch loaf pan, anything larger and your loaf will be a little flat, which is still usable but not ideal for sandwiches. This type of loaf pan is also a must for many grain-free bread recipes, otherwise, the cooking time will need to be adjusted.
Can I make grain-free Bread Nut-Free?
To make this grain-free paleo bread nut-free, simply swap the nuts in the recipe (cashews) with 2 cups of pumpkin or sunflower seeds and an additional tablespoon of coconut oil. The loaf color will be greenish but it will still taste amazing!
Best Sandwiches with Grain Free Bread
Whether it’s PB & J, BLT’s, or a turkey sandwich blender bread can be used for any of these and much more! It might have been a while since you’ve had a chance to sink your teeth into a good sandwich so here are a few epic sandwich ideas to get you started:
- Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
- Apple & Cheddar Grilled Cheese
- Berries Protein Toast- Swap the sweet potato with a slice of Paleo bread
- Hummus Veggie Club
Easy Grain Free Bread Recipe (Dairy Free, Sugar-Free, Blender Bread)
Paleo, low-carb, grain-free sandwich bread is made in the blender and perfect for toasting, grilling, and making sandwiches.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven 350F. Grease a 7×3 inch loaf pan.
- In a high-speed blender, place the eggs, cashews, coconut oil, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and honey.
- Blend for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Add apple cider vinegar, blend to combine (about 10 seconds) and immediately transfer to the greased pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. After 25 minutes, open the oven to cover with foil to prevent the top from burning. Continue to bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool prior to removing from pan. Store wrapped in the fridge for up to 5 days.
• A 7 x 3-inch pan is a must, you’ll find the one I use here. If you make this in a traditional bread loaf pan the bread will be shorter and over-cooked at 45 minutes.
• You can substitute sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for cashews but the bread will have a green tint.
• Walnuts can be used in place of cashews but the loaf will be dark and very “earthy” tasting.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 21.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 9.7 g