What do you get when you combine fresh fruit and lemonade? These awesome popsicles of course!
By looking at the calendar it is officially summer, but if go by the temperature gauge it has already felt like summer for a few weeks. We’ve been cooling off by spending hours in the swimming pool, having water balloon fights and eating popsicles.
Lots of popsicles.
If you haven’t made your own popsicles before, it is probably one of the easiest things you can do. Those “layered” popsicles you see on the web can be intimidating to make; so if you want a recipe that you can “pour-and-go” this is the one!
The equipment doesn’t need to be fancy, and your kids will love being involved in dreaming up all the flavor possibilities. It’s a wholesome way to make a cool snack that both you, your kids and probably even the neighborhood kids are going to love this summer.
Check out how easy these popsicles are to make!
Fresh fruit is always a great add-in for popsicles. The natural sweetness is just perfect for quenching the need for something cool and sweet after an afternoon in the summer sun. Adding in the traditional drink of summer, the lemonade gives it a tartness that puts these popsicles over the top!
Fresh Fruit and Lemonade Popsicles
- Yield: 6 popsicles 1x
- 2 cups lemonade, homemade or store bought
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups fresh fruit, chopped
- Popsicle molds
- Fill popsicle molds with chopped fruit.
- Pour lemonade into each mold, covering the fruit and leaving 1/4 inch space at the top.
- Insert popsicle mold covers or sticks and freeze, for least 5 hours or overnight.
- Run water over popsicle mold to separate, pull popsicle out, and enjoy.