April 11, 2012
This Gluten-Free Cinnamon Applesauce Bread is one your kids will ask you to make again and again. It’s perfectly sweetened and will help you start your day on the right foot.
Since they love the bread so much, I decided to make a gluten-free version for the entire family and thankfully, it turned out scrumptious! Oat flour adds a delicious, nutty flavor that goes with the cinnamon and cloves. This recipe is super simple to whip and keep on hand for an easy breakfast or packed in the lunch bag for a snack.
What is Cinnamon Applesauce Bread
Moist, fluffy, and full of flavor, applesauce bread is just like any other recipe – except better! Flavored with warm spices, applesauce bread is usually eaten as a sweet breakfast or after-dinner treat.
This recipe is easy, budget-friendly, and made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry.
More Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Cheddar Apple Jumbo Muffins
- Banana Oat Muffins
- Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Quick Applesauce Bread
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line or spray a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter, egg, and sugar. Add the apple sauce and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly, incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour mixture into the lined or sprayed baking pan and bake, for 45 to 50 minutes, making sure to cover with foil around minute 35 if it’s looking too golden until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down before slicing and serving.
*Check out this great tip on oat flour!