Your kids love pancakes, but with so many different food allergies, it’s hard to find one that pleases everyone. Well, look no further. Our kitchen-tested and kid-approved recipe is one your family will love.
Check out this quick video to see how simple they are to make.
Here at MOMables, we’re always crafting new recipes to help you feed your children real-ingredient, delicious food.
We especially enjoy making your mealtimes a little easier if you have a child with a particular diet need like gluten-free, egg-free, or dairy-free.
We don’t want you children to feel deprived just because they have to avoid certain foods; we want them to love their food!
For allergy friendly meal ideas, check out our meal plans.
But pancakes are tough. Sure, there’s some gluten-free pancakes or dairy-free pancakes. Finding an allergy-friendly recipe that catered to everyone’s dietary needs seemed impossible.
Until these pancakes. They’re the perfect gluten free, dairy free, and egg free pancakes the whole family will devour!
These pancakes are a family-favorite breakfast rotation. They’re fluffy, soft, and utterly irresistible, especially topped with a bit (or a lot!) of pancake syrup.
Related: Best Pancake Toppings
Pancakes go beyond breakfast, though. They’re great in packed lunches as an alternative to ordinary sandwiches.
Switch up your routine by making a sweeter pancake sandwich; just smear some nut butter inside, top with fruit, and voila! Don’t forget about the occasional breakfast-for-dinner treat.
These pancakes are the perfect easy recipe for your family “brinner” night!
Whip up a batch of these allergy-friendly pancakes for an easy meal that caters to every dietary need and will have your whole family ready for seconds!
Gluten-Free Vegan Pancakes
Looking for a gluten-free pancakes recipe that is also free from dairy and eggs? Your allergies don’t have to hold you back from gloriously fluffy pancakes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: Yields 10–12 4″ Pancakes 1x
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sugar or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk (or nondairy substitute)
- Grease a griddle, and preheat over medium heat. (Or you can use a pan on your stovetop.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly mix half of the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, and the rest 1/4 cup at a time to avoid a runny batter. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter.
- On your griddle, begin to cook the pancakes, using about 1/4 cup of the batter for each one.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle, and serve.
Not all gluten free all purpose flours are the same. For this recipe, we’ve tried King Arthur flour with the most success. You’ll find a lot of suggestions in the comments below this post with mixes and brands our members have successfully used.
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 10.8g
- Sodium: 178.1mg
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 45.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 1.2mg
Blueberry Pancake Syrup – Top your pancakes with some delicious blueberry syrup. Use fresh or frozen blueberries for this simple and easy to make recipe.
Strawberry Pancake Syrup – Grab those frozen strawberries you meant to use in smoothies and turn them into a delicious pancake syrup in minutes!
Best Pancake Toppings & Add-Ins – Pancakes will never be the same when topped with one of these 30+ topping ideas!