Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
Soft, fluffy gluten-free cinnamon rolls frosted with vanilla glaze, these taste just like the classic! It’s a knead-free recipe you’re going to love!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 - 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 rolls
- Category: breads
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 1 1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt (see recipe note for a dairy-free version)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (see recipe note for a dairy-free version)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (see recipe note for a dairy-free version)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (see recipe note for a dairy-free version)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-5 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 425F, and coat either a muffin tin or a 9-inch-round baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, begin making the dough by mixing the yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Stir in the flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda until absorbed. The dough will look soft and crumbly.
- Move the dough onto a floured work surface and begin to knead with your hands until smooth.
- Form the dough into about a 12×9-inch rectangle, then brush it with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In another bowl, make the filling mixture by combining the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Spread it evenly onto the dough leaving a 1/2-inch border. Push the filling firmly into the dough.
- Starting on the long side, begin to slowly roll the dough into a tight log. If your fingers are sticking to the dough, lightly flour or moisten them with water.
- Pinch the seam to seal the log, and slice evenly into 10 rolls. Place the rolls into your greased baking dish and bake until the edges begin to turn golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and move the rolls from the greased dish onto a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, and hot water, stir together until smooth.
- Lightly drizzle the glaze over the hot cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
For a dairy-free alternative to Greek yogurt use:
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk + 3 teaspoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Mix and let stand for 10 minutes, then add to the recipe.
- 1 can coconut milk
For a dairy-free alternative to butter use vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Serving Size: 2 rolls
- Calories: 814
- Sugar: 78.3g
- Sodium: 173.9mg
- Fat: 23.9g
- Saturated Fat: 14.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 144.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 62.9mg
Keywords: gluten free cinnamon rolls, gluten free baking, dairy free cinnamon rolls,